Saturday, January 10, 2015

Encouraging Conversations

"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up" 1 Thessalonians 5:11

This week I have been touched by the encouragement I have received through conversations with friends and coworkers. Some were intentionally spiritual conversations. Others just happened to include what I needed that moment. These conversations all helped me stay on track with my new year's goals, connected scripture to life, and most importantly, built me up. They also showed me the importance of making time for conversations. The conversations that impacted me the most happened either when I least expected it, or when I stayed in a situation longer than I had planned to stay. I guess it really shows that I have to make time for God to work in my life. I can't have everything planned to the nearest minute.

Another thing happened through these conversations. I was able to talk about past sins that I had harbored in my heart for fear of judgment from myself and others. And after each conversation, I felt a sense of relief and peace. The conversations helped me apply the scriptures of grace and faith to my personal situation.

"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed" James 5:16

Moving forward, I want to be more intentional about building space for Godly conversations. I also want to be more open to the Godly women in my life so that I can receive their prayers. I am very thankful that I had so many interactions this week that touched me.

No comments:

Post a Comment